Fabric Answers Quickly
- Orders cannot be changed online after they are submitted.
- If you have an order that needs to be corrected, we prefer that you send all your requests in writing. Please email email@example.com for all inquiries regarding changes/cancellations of orders.
Yes, the requirement is to have your own standalone website with 250 or more items for sale. If you currently have a webshop through a third party provider, i.e. Etsy, Amazon, etc that will not be sufficient. We do not sell to Etsy or Amazon only shops. Web only customers need to have a website that clearly shows to be their own.
• Plan to spend 2 – 2 ½ hours to review new fabrics & notions.
• Schedule extra staff the day of your appointment so you may work uninterrupted.
• Review Piece Catalog ahead of time & have projects in mind for upcoming projects, classes & events.
- We do have order minimums. Fabric has a 3 bolt minimum. Notions, Home & Gift have a $100 minimum. Precuts have no minimum.
- When you add items to your shopping cart, you will be see an error message if you have not met a minimum.
United Notions, Inc PO BOX 671500, Dallas TX 75276
Yes all accounts are open to shop our warehouse! We are open daily from 7:30am to 3pm except holiday.
To establish an account with open terms you will need to submit the following all together to your salesperson:
1. Copy of your resale tax certificate and a copy of your business license
2. A completed / signed copy of Account Application
3. Opening order of $1,200. This order can consist of both at once & future shipping goods Once you have established an account we require you to purchase $1,200 yearly in order to keep your account in active status.
Note: All the same requirements will apply to New Owners purchasing an existing account.
Terms for most new accounts will be NET 60 days. If you prefer to pay by credit card discuss your options with your rep.
As soon as you get notification from the credit department your account has been established. You then have full access to the wholesale website using your assigned account number and password.
Yes, we do have a Trunk Show program where you can request quilts to use at your event. Click here to view our available Trunk Show program quilts.
New Moda Fabric collections come out every 8 weeks. Your sales rep will contact you to set up an appointment to view these new lines and all other new notion & Moda Home products.
Yes! You will receive emails from the following addresses.
firstname.lastname@example.org - This is our marketing and promotional email, please add to your trusted senders so our emails don't go to spam.
Thank_you@modafabrics.com - This is our online order confirmation email, please add to your trusted senders so our emails don't go to spam.
email@example.com - This is our non paper invoice option, please add to your trusted senders so our emails don't go to spam.
Our website “EVENT CALENDAR” lists all National & Regional shows. International Quilt Market is held semi-annually in May & October. Contact information & links are located on the “EVENT CALENDAR”. Attending at least one Market per year allows you to keep up with industry trends and gives the retailer a competitive edge over those that do not go. Ask your rep to schedule an appointment for an upcoming Market.
Our online Samplespree is a way to get a single pack of your precuts one month prior to the group shipping in order to make samples for your shop.
1) We will have an on-line samplespree every month.
2) Each samplespree will only contain 1 month delivery and will also include books or patterns that go with that months collection.
3) Samplespree will ship at the beginning of the month 30 days prior to the groups delivery month. Ex January release date will ship around December 1.
4) Emails will be sent out towards the end of the month and give customers 1-2 weeks to get their orders in.
5) Special PO must be entered to receive special offer, each month will change: Example SPREE JAN for January, SPREE FEB for February etc..
6) Same quantity rules apply, max of 1 pack of each item offered
7) Not all items are guaranteed to ship early, any items that aren't here in time will be back ordered and sent as soon as available.
Yes, we allow all our Customers to use our images for your company website and marketing efforts.
You will receive emails directly from Moda / United Notions. Limited time offers will range from a specially priced category of merchandise, designer specials or on-line sample sprees.
Note: to receive the special pricing, always remember to enter the “Promo Code” on the “Checkout” page prior to submitting your order OR contact your sales rep and they can place the order for you.
AKA the Moda Playbook or Moda Fabric Catalog. This publication is put out approximately every 8 weeks and shows the latest fabric collections with coordinating precuts, projects and designer features. It is a useful shop tooI for previewing new fabrics and planning projects & programs. Obtain a copy on-line or through your rep.
Most web browsers no longer support FTP websites. The best way to access our FTP site is through FileZilla.
Step 1. Download and install FileZilla. https://filezilla-project.org/
Step 2. Once FileZilla has installed, open the application.
Step 3. Press file, then site manager.
Step 4. Press 'New Site'
Step 4. For 'Host' enter ftp://ftp.unitednotions.com
Step 5. For 'Encryption' select 'Only use plain FTP (insecure)'
Step 5. For 'User' enter product
Step 6. For 'Password' enter product1
Step 7. Click 'Connect'
Step 8. You may get a dialogue box titled 'Insecure FTP connection' - Go to the bottom and be sure to check the box "Always allow insecure plain FTP for this server." Then press OK.
You will see the file folder named Product Images with all of the files on our FTP site, and can move them into your local files as needed.
Free shipping as long as these minimum order requirements are met for each of the warehouses;
Fabric: 3 bolts
Precuts – no minimum.
Any cancellations made within 30 days of the order date will not incur any cancellation fees. All cancellations, adjustments, reductions, and refused shipments made after 30 days of the order date will incur a 10% cancellation fee. For all cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return requests and authorization must be made within 30 days of receipt of merchandise. Contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call 1-800-527-9447 and request an RGA (Return Goods Authorization). Return merchandise may not be shipped to Moda/United Notions without first obtaining an RGA. Return Guidelines:
• Goods must be returned in full packs and unmarked
• Fabric may NOT be priced or cut
• Sale merchandise is NOT returnable
• RGA and Invoice or picking ticket should accompany all returns to receive proper credit Returns that do not meet these guidelines may be charged a 15% restocking fee. Please note: Do not ship your returns to our PO Box. That is a lock box and the package will be returned to you. We do not guarantee sales, and overstock is not a valid reason for returns. Back orders are not automatically canceled; you must notify us in writing to do so. We understand that there are exceptions, and we will work with you. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service. We do NOT send UPS pick-ups for the following:
• Goods over 30 days
• In house orders (merchandise picked up by customer)
• Merchandise selected by our Customer Service per customer instructions
• Sale merchandise purchased in our Dallas warehouse (unless defective)
• Special Orders or Drop-Ship orders.